Our Vision, Purpose and Values
Transcend Australia is working towards a world where trans, gender diverse and non-binary children are embraced and given every opportunity to thrive and flourish.
"Transcend has put ‘success’ into the experience of being trans." - Isabelle
Transcend’s purpose is to support, affirm and celebrate the lives of trans and gender diverse and non binary (TGDNB) children and their families and carers.
Transcend aims to help young TGDNB lives flourish by providing opportunities for:
- peer and family support,
- the development and dissemination of information and resources, and
- advocating for change to services and systems
Kindness and authenticity
Kindness and authenticity will underpin/guide/motivate all
our interactions including:
- within our peer support groups
- in our relationships with organisations and our partners
- how we advocate and
- with our allies and supporters
Collaboration and partnership
We will have a “nothing about us without us” approach in all that we do with young people and their families and carers
- We will commit to an intersectional approach to ensure that all TGDNB people, including First Nations peoples, people of colour, people with different faiths, people with disability and people born with intersex variations are welcome and active participants in the support we provide and the work that we do.
- We will create respectful, purposeful partnerships with organisations
- We will work with allies and supporters
- We are committed to the ongoing development and delivery of high quality, trustworthy, evidence-based and up-to-date resources, training and advocacy.
- We will cultivate a culture of transparency within our organisation, in our relationships with our community as well as partnerships and those with which we collaborate
"We are a courageous community. We understand that there is strength in vulnerability, and we are authentic." - Transcend parent