Changing ID Documents

How to change your ID documents

A trans, gender diverse or non-binary person may wish to change their personal identification documentation to reflect their gender identity.

This may include:

  • changing your birth certificate
  • changing your passport, Centrelink and Medicare records
  • changing your driver’s licence

These resources from Justice Connect provide a helpful guide on how to action this.


Northern Territory

Australian Capital Territory


New South Wales


South Australia

Western Australia